Saturday, February 16, 2013

28 Days of things I love : Day 16

Keeping a journal. 

Purple Saffiano Medium Journal

Purple Saffiano Medium Journal

via


I've kept a journal for about 10 years now and I recommend this as the best source of food for your soul. I don't write in it everyday necessarily, or even every month, but when I'm feeling stressed out, or something major is going on in my life I write about it. I can't tell you how often something feels so major in my head, and after I've written it down and gotten it out on paper, it seems so small. Like I can totally handle it. 

Every now and then I go back and read old entries and literally cringe with embarrassment. But it's just me reading it. Why am I so embarrassed with myself? Even so, it makes me laugh, and then I go on writing about the next embarrassing topic that feels oh.so.important. at that moment. 


P.S. do any of you have NetFlix? I watched the best little mini series called Any Human Heart this past week about the intimate journals of the fictional character Logan Mountstuart. It was so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!