Thursday, November 20, 2014

Duke Addition [Shingle Selection]

Good news! After two weeks of very little progress, we finally started moving our power lines underground and we are up and running again. In the mean time, our contractor dropped off some shingle samples for our new roof. Here is a picture of what our shingle/ roof color currently looks like... 



To be perfectly honest, I never really thought twice about it before. Never noticed it, never bothered me.... but now, gosh, I am so happy to be getting a new roof and choosing our own color!  

Here is a look at a few of the samples we chose from...





We also considered Charcoal Gray and Harvard Slate, but in the end Dual Black was the winner.




I knew I wanted to stay on the gray/black spectrum versus brown/red, and I love the rich color of the Dual Black, also keeping in mind that over the years it is likely to fade a little bit and I would still be happy with the color without it being too light. 


We have one more day of framing and to finish the roof trusses before our new windows, doors, and roof can go in/up! 

Stay tuned!!... 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!