Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Eye Candy from Williamsburg

I stuck to my guns this weekend and took some time to do exactly what I wanted to do, and took a little field trip to Williamsburg on Saturday.

Honestly, I needed a day like this to just breathe in the fresh air and awe at all of the beauty around Williamsburg. It especially got me motivated for decorating for Christmas, since I have kind of been a little ho hum about it this year. But I'm still waiting until after Thanksgiving to start! (That is one of my biggest peeves!)

But anyways, here is my iphone dump of a beautiful, inspiring day.
First stop was Seasons, where they make the most beautiful wreaths, garland, and table settings.



I just about died when I saw this chandelier.





After a delish lunch at The Cheese Shop, we headed over to The Craft House to see this...

I'm loving this rich, bold blue hue.


And I think I'm in a boxwood phase right now too... I want to put them everywhere.





Love the bell jar fixture over this table.


Next we wandered down the to old historic Williamsburg and came across this Colonial Nursery. 

















I saw some pheasant feathers there and had to pick up a few. I'm not quite sure how I am going to use them yet, but I've got ideas brewing:) 


We wandered off the beaten path a little and came across this gorgeous home. How amazing is the fretwork in that fence?!





I just thought this was the sweetest little cottage ever








It was right on the corner before you pull up to the Williamsburg Inn
I would love to go back at Christmas time and enjoy their afternoon royal tea.


Our last stop before heading home was one of my mom's favorite little consignment shops. I found this blue and white chinoiserie ginger jar for $15 and couldn't pass it up! I took it home, cleaned it up, and had the perfect spot for it in our bedroom. 







Whew, if you made it through this post, bravo to you! It was a long one. I hope you all had a nice weekend! 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!