Friday, December 14, 2012

Life as of Late...

Hiiii. I know. I've been bad and M.I.A. this month but to be honest, work has been crazy busy, and I just needed a little break from the blog for a few days (ok, maybe weeks). But I'm back now, and have lots to say. 

First, I'll fill you in on what you missed. 
One of my best gf's threw a great Christmas party, complete with festive drinks, a secret gift exchange, oh and the perculator (cue the most awesome dance moves you've ever seen). 


Here I am with the beautiful hostess.

These festive drinks were a hit. A Cranberry champagne concoction, topped with cranberries and a slice of lime.


I didn't quite make my way to these (I'm a sucker for champagne) but I believe these beauts were a combination of peppermint vodka and sprite. Can you say yummm?!




And then this is sort of random, butttt one day last week I got home from work to a homemade meal cooked up by W and it just made me all happy inside.
My in-laws gave us the Spode Christmas plates last year, and we have been using them as our everyday dinnerware for the whole month of December. I'm in love and feel so festive.





On to other news... I hear the Pantone Color Institute named 2013 Color of the year as Emerald Green! And I totally agree. I am drawn to it like a bee to honey.
Pantone's executive director, Leatrice Eiseman says, "It’s also the color of growth, renewal and prosperity — no other color conveys regeneration more than green..." 
Let's hope she's right, in all aspects!

So thinking of emerald green, I found a few images that really speak to me. 

I love this combination of emerald and aqua. It's so young and fresh, but still classic. 
 via

And I am truely obsessed with these pillows. If anyone knows where I can find them, please share! I've found that being married and decorating a home, can really limit your color choices. I don't want to use anything overly feminine, or masculine for that matter. I think emerald green is a nice marriage of the two (no pun intended). 
 via



And this dress! Dear God this dress. I'd love this dress no matter the color. Now I just need somewhere to wear it!


Ok ok that's enough for today. I'll be back next week. 
Enjoy your weekend! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!