Monday, September 17, 2012

HH Yard Updates

Over the weekend, I took advantage of having absolutely nothing to do and finally got a few projects done around the house that have been on my list for a while now. 

Saturday, I spent the majority of the day weeding the front flower beds and mulching. Mulching is one of those chores that has to be done once a year. It's not hard, just time consuming. But once it's all said and done, your yard will look like it just had a face lift.






Sunday, I tackled a project that I have been wanting to do since we first moved into our house. My absolute favorite flowers are hydrangeas and peonies, and I have always wanted to plant some bushes around our shed to bring a little color to our backyard during the spring/summer months. 

this is what our shed looked like before.

and this is what our shed looks like now.




I already had one peony bush my in-laws had seeded from a bush at their house and gave to us earlier this summer and I bought an Endless Summer Hydrangea for the side. I want to put one more peony at the corner of the shed between the other two bushes and then we'll have to wait to see if they bloom next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!