Thursday, January 22, 2015

Addition [Paint Color Scheme]







Addition Paint Color Scheme







BM - White Dove // BM - Gentle Gray // BM - Decorators White // BM- Seattle Gray 


I hate painting. 
I can't tell you how many times we've painted a room and after a few weeks (and sometimes even immediately) I have regretted my color choice. Especially when you're married to someone who pretty much thinks paint is a permanent thing in our house...in other words, once it's up, you better like it because it's staying. So the pressure is on. It's time to pick paint colors for our new addition (paint is going on the walls next week... eeek!) 

I've envisioned for some time now the look and feel I want in our new spaces, but picking actual colors that work in actual rooms is so different than seeing a picture in a magazine or on Pinterest and thinking "hey, that's the color I want". So over the past couple of weeks, I've been writing down every gray and white color I think I might like and yesterday I went to the paint shop to get pick up the paint chips. 






After studying all of my picks carefully, I narrowed each room down to 2 or 3 choices and took them home today at lunch to test them out in the middle of the day light in each room. I finally narrowed it down and am soo excited to get them up on the walls and {pray} I still love them as much as I do now! 

Benjamin Moore - White Dove has been my go -to white for a couple years now, and I'm still loving it. And I have been wanting a soothing gray/blue color scheme for a while now and I'm just loving how it is all flowing together.

Do you have a favorite universal paint color? One that you always come back to? I'd love to hear... it's not quite too late to change my mind! ey yi yi....


post signature


1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. I went through the same situation. I’m redecorating our master bedroom and bathroom
    The paint was the hardest for me.
    I also wanted a gray blue in both rooms. It took me buying 5 sample paints and went with the first one I put on the walls.
    It’s Benjamin Moore “Beacon Gray “. I wanted something very light & airy, & this was it.
    I have 11’ ceilings and 60” from the floor will be bead board with a very thick chair rail. So not too much paint.

    It’s almost completed.
    Hope this helps.
    Much love,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!