Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Duke Addition [Tile Shopping]


Last week I took off to go pick out tile for our bathroom floor and fireplace surround. This was a new experience for me, and I have to say it was so much fun looking at the endless possibilities to choose from. Fun, and also a little overwhelming. Luckily, I've spent many hours scouring magazines and Pinterest to get a pretty good idea of what I want. 

Here are some inspiration pictures from a (now not so) secret pin board for our master bathroom...



claw foot tub centered under the window




beautiful bathroom

**I couldn't find original source for this photo, if you know if please share!




Live Beautifully: 1920's Renovation | The Master Bath; mine now is close... but not quite this nice....




Lucite Bathroom Hardware - Traditional - bathroom - Morgan Harrison Home




Bath

**Again, I couldn't find original source for this photo, if you know if please share!



Do you see a reoccurring theme here? 

As you can see, I want a white, clean, peaceful bathroom. 
After looking around, it didn't take long for us to decide on this... 



Now, we just have to decide on either the 12x12 or 12x24 and how we want it laid. If we go with the 12x12 I like a diamond layout like this...


benjamin moore-gray owl (bath)


But if we go with the 12x24 I like a brick, staggered layout, like this...


st. nicholas - Nightingale Design



For me, picking out the bathroom tile was definitely the easy part. Deciding on the size and layout is turning out to be the hard part for us. 

What layout do you like?



post signature




***click on image for source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!