Friday, March 28, 2014

I'm Baaaaackkkkk




10 weeks have passed by in a flash in my new life as a mommy to one cuddle-y, gas-y, adorable little baby boy!

The first 6 weeks were spent on maternity leave and went something like this:

24/7 pajama party - literally. I never took them off... my poor husband...
midnight google-ing - is this normal? what to do if that happens? basically hundreds of 1st time mom questions
watching SVU marathons - newborns sleep a lot. I think this is God's way of high-five-ing us women for surviving the trauma of laboring a baby
Feeling feelings - like every feeling on the planet simultaneously. First, unconditional love, then comes happiness, anxiety, worry, excitement, and the list goes on and on. These first weeks definitely filled with a whirlwind of emotions.

The next 5 weeks consisted of my return to working full time with H in tow. It has been both a blessing and exhausting. 
I love being able to spend all day with my boy and to see him discover new things everyday. Currently, he's smiling non stop, cooing, batting at his toys, hates tummy time, and naps like a champ. 

And that pretty much brings you up to speed on my 2014 hiatus, which I am now officially vowing to come out of. 
Other than the new babe, I've got lots to share with you, but that's all for now... naptime is almost over :)

XO,
Marci



1 comment:

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!