Wednesday, February 6, 2013

28 Days of things I love : Day 6

Flower gardens. 

This doesn't really need much of an explanation. Flowers are gorgeous, and generally pretty things just make people happy. 

Last Fall we did a little work on our garden by planting some hydrangea, peonies, lillies, and a few other pretty plants, and hopefully we will add some more flare this spring. 




Clearly it's not in bloom, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be healthy and in bloom this spring and summer!






Here are a few pictures that serve as beautiful (and maybe a little over-the-top) inspiration...





Color


controlled layering...


Lemon trees in terra cotta;


Peony




If I had to choose my favorite flowers, I think it would be a tie between blue hydrangeas, blush peonies, ranunculus, and tulips. 

What about you? What's your favorite flower?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!