Tuesday, February 12, 2013

28 Days of things I love : Day 12

Oyster Roasts. 

Oyster roasts gather people together, and the mere activity of shucking oysters encourages conversation and provides an activity at the same time. 

I have to say, I haven't always been an oyster fan, but over the years, and numerous oyster roasts, I've come to really enjoy them. 

This past weekend, we had a small oyster roast with our close friends to honor our lost friend, AA. It was the perfect gathering and tribute to him. After all, our first ever annual oyster roast was at his house almost 9 years ago. 



Since then, most of the guys that started the annual oyster roast have moved away, though we all keep in touch, W and I have continued the tradition here at home. I always have so much fun planning new ways to make it special and different from the year before. A few years ago we made these koozies, and last year I made this wreath. 

I haven't even begun to think about this year, but I would love to some how incorporate some pretty oyster plates like these...

(here we go again with my obsession with plates)

Paula Collects: Oyster Plates


beautiful oyster plates & forks.


New Orleans Thanksgiving Table with Lovely Oyster Plate


Oyster plates


And while we're on the topic of oysters, let's say you're in the mood for some oysters but you don't have the time or people to throw a roast together, I recommend hitting up your local oyster bar. My all time favorite is Pearlz of Charleston, but Richmond recently just had Rappahannock Oyster Bar open, that I am dying to try. Forget grabbing a table, the best seats in the house are at the bar, right in front of the house shucker. You're guaranteed to have a good time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!