Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Welcome back! I hope you all had a fabulous Easter and long weekend. Mine was much needed, and we enjoyed a beautiful Easter Sunday.

This year was a little different from past years. There was only four of us around so we enjoyed a delicious Easter brunch at Brio with eggs benedict, bloodies, and mimosas. It was so nice to have the pressure off making food and just be able to enjoy spending time together over great food.

Afterwards, we went to the Easter on Parade event on Monument Ave. It's been around for years, but this was my first time going and I absolutely loved it.

bands gathered on the monuments and played music

vendors were all around selling fresh flowers and original paintings


knitted bunnies hugged light poles... I love how whimsical RVA can be sometimes

people and their dogs were dressed in matching bonnets



afterwards W and I headed home and enjoyed sitting outside and admiring our azaleas in bloom

Samson even joined us and we soaked up some vitamin D for the rest of the day

Now I can honestly say I feel rejuvenated and ready to take on this week! Bring it Monday, show me what you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!