Tuesday, June 21, 2011

refurbished stool

Sunday, I spent Father's day in DVL and since the ran took over most of the day, my mom and I piddled around in consignment shops most of the day.

First stop was Carter's Cottage and I found this charming little stool.
At first, I even thought the existing fabric would work in my living room, but the fact that the seat was removable made it all the more appealing.
So for $40 I went with it.

Here is the stool before:


when I got it home, the fabric looked a little dark and showed some signs of aging so i decided to change it out. here's how the process went:


I found two scraps i adore from the discount fabric store, U Fab (which just opened a new location in C-ville, by the way) and figured one of them would be perfect and i could find another use for the other some other time


now this was kind of an extra step, not always necessary, but since i uncovered an icky brown underneath, I covered the seat in blackout fabric first to make sure the true colors showed through.


now we're ready. pull tight and staple. easiest thing I've ever done.








and TA DAAA!!!


my new and improved stool!
i've recently had an obsession with chevron
but it's so easy to re-cover, that the skys the limit with this stool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!