Friday, June 17, 2011

Consign til you drop

I'd say 95% of our furniture is either hand-me-downs or something I found in a consignment/ antique store, with the exception of our sofa, coffee table, and bed. There's something about the hunt for that perfect piece that gets me all excited, and the price usually puts me over the top.

So yesterday, I randomly googled "refurbished furniture" in the RVA area, and came across this piece on Goodstuff Consignment store website.



everything in the store was marked down 50 % and I knew it was meant to be. so I immediately called to see if it was still available and to put my name on it to hold.

I have been looking for a small chest to put in our entry way since we moved into our house, and the four drawers of storage space fits our needs perfectly (since these old houses, so desparately lack closet space)


so here it is! this little gem has found it's home on Park Ave. and I love it. The bare wall behind it has been begging for some company for too long, but it just goes to show that if you wait long enough, you will find the perfect piece for your needs.

it's still a work in progress but I'll post more pics when the entry way is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!