Friday, April 30, 2010

Arts in the Park

(Image via Flickr of War Memorial Carillon in Byrd Park)

This weekend is the annual Arts in the Park event happening at Byrd Park in Richmond, VA! This awesome event is compiled of local Virginia and countrywide artists who display their original handcrafted artwork for the public to enjoy and purchase.

Last year I got an awesome small photograph of a tobacco farmer out in the fields circa early 1900s with the Robert E. Lee monument in the background that had been reprinted in color! It's an awesome little piece of history hanging on my dining room wall.

This year I am looking for an oil painting to hang in our living room behind the sofa - hopefully I will find something that works!

I think supporting your local artists is so cool and most likely no one will have anything like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!