Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ya Darn Tootin'


Doesn't it always seem to be the case, that just when everything seems to be falling into to place BAM something totally not expected and not welcome falls into your lap at the same time?

Let me explain.
It's been a little over 2 years since we moved into our little baby old house, and it just started to feel like we had our ish together, when BAM last night our front door lock breaks.
It's been a stubborn old lock since the day we moved in, and I even tried to have it changed once, but here's the kicker...
the lock is so old, they don't make them like that anymore. naturally. So the solution, I've been told, is we have to replace the door because a new lock won't fit in our existing door, and the door frame. fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear. One little problem, turns into a slew of new ones.

So I hope the saying is true and this weekend I can turn my stress into dessert, because I feel like I could eat a whole cake!


**update** All is well in the land of old houses with broken locks. Once again, I over reacted and let the non-speaking lock smith (from months ago) get my panties in a twist. A trustyworthy locksmith came out today and fixed our poor old lock and it's good as new! Now let's eat cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!