Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Set the Table

With Thanksgiving being two days away, it got me thinking about table settings.

Is it just me, or do you feel so much more in the festive mood when you sit down at a beautiful table?
It truly does make a difference.
Here are a few settings I found to help get your creative juices flowing.

















I think it's fun when you use unexpected, non-traditional colors, such as blues or pinks, for a thanksgiving table. You can still pull in little pumpkins and gourds as fall accessories without being too literal.

And I definitely think if you have nice china.. use it. My mom used to tell me she was saving hers for a special occasion but now she brings it out for everything. What are you waiting for? Why not make it a special occasion. You have china for a reason. Use it people.

Now with that being said, I've have yet to use our china, but I'm going to take my own advice one of these days. Maybe we just need to have a "break in the china" party to get it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!